Webinar - Introduction to Farm Insurance
March 7, 2023
Everything has a shelf life, even houses. As a dwellings ages, so do it’s plumbing and electrical systems. Many insurers will not provide or renew coverage on older dwellings unless these critical components are updated. Your clients will want to know why!
Following this webinar participants will understand the exposures to loss presented by older plumbing & electrical systems and be able to explain the insurance concerns associated with these critical components including:
- Residential water lines (old and new)
- Sump pumps and back-up valves
- Aluminum wiring and the reasons why it can present a fire hazard
- How knob & tube wiring differs from modern day wiring and why it must be updated
- Potential issues when a home has only a 60-amp electrical panel
Participants will also gain the knowledge and skills needed to perform their front-line underwriting duties.
Time: 9:30am - 11:45am Central
Jo Anne Mitchell, CIP, Effective Training Communications Plus
1.5 General ICM CE Credits / 3 GICS CECredits