Position: Personal Lines Team Leader
Deadline: November 14, 2022
Posted: October 13, 2022
Job Description / Duties
We are looking for an outgoing and experienced individual who is interested in joining our growing team at our Winnipeg location. We are seeking a full time Personal Lines Team Leader. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Winnipeg Personal Lines Team and help manage the success and overarching goals of the department. The successful candidate will also be expected to use their industry knowledge and experience to provide customer service to an existing book of business and help grow that book. We are looking for an individual with an excellent work ethic who is ready to be a leader of a busy team, and is able to produce and share new ideas in a fast-paced work environment.
• Manage the overarching goals, along with the day-to-day activities of the Winnipeg Personal Lines Team.
• Lead the Personal Lines Team towards success in raising new business numbers, policy retention, and customer satisfaction.
• Understand personal lines insurance products and services that meet client needs (i.e. homeowner’s, condominium, seasonal dwelling, tenant’s, etc.)
• Provide guidance and knowledge to Personal Lines Team Members on unique and challenging situations.
• Assist in creating and producing new habitational insurance policies.
• Identify client needs and sales opportunities for additional coverages (i.e. sewer backup, service lines, bylaws, identity theft, etc.)
• Assist in completing policy reviews and annual renewals. This can include completing new homeowner’s questionnaires, rebuilding cost evaluators, market searches, etc.
• Work alongside our Broker Representatives to grow and build our relationships with our insurance companies.
• Be aware of new product offerings from both our markets and other insurance companies.
• Effectively communicate the appropriate information to your team in regards to new product offerings, rate changes, broker bulletins, etc.
• Create a positive customer experience by understanding and successfully executing Autopac transactions.
• Understand auto insurance products and services (i.e. SMI Auto, lower deductible amounts, higher liability amounts, etc.)
• Create a positive customer experience by understanding and successfully executing Travel/Health Insurance transactions (i.e. Manitoba Blue Cross, Medi-Quote, etc.)
• Understand and assist in individual career development and performance reviews for Personal Lines Team Members.
• Effectively problem solve and execute conflict resolution within the team.
• Responsible for helping create and maintain a strong team that works effectively towards their collective goals.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Level 2 General Insurance License
• IWS Certified
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in an insurance brokerage
• Experience working with Power Broker will be considered an asset
• Post-secondary education, preferably in a business program will be considered an asset
What We Offer
• Competitive starting salary
• Extended health & dental benefits plan (50% premium paid)
• Three weeks of vacation plus paid personal days
• Company-matched RRSP program (upon completion of first year)
• Training and development
• Professional development with financial support
Human Resources Manager
Lakeview Insurance Brokers Ltd.
679 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3M 2L6
Lakeview Insurance Brokers Ltd. has a proud history that dates back to 1983, with business operations that span across all three Canadian Prairie provinces. With 11 offices across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta, the Lakeview Insurance Group of Companies (LIGC) has grown to have a distinctive presence throughout Western Canada providing insurance and financial solutions for individuals and organizations.