Position: Commercial and Personal Lines Contract Broker
Deadline: September 25, 2022
Posted: June 16, 2022
Commercial and Personal Lines Contract Broker (12 Month Contract)About Us
As Canada's largest automobile association, we are passionate about keeping our Members safe--whether they are on the road, at home, or travelling abroad. Meeting the diverse needs of our two million Members requires high-performing, forward-thinking, and innovative people who work collaboratively to keep propelling our business forward. Life at CAA Club Group (CCG) is fast-paced, performance-driven, and rewarding. We value our Associates' career growth and ongoing professional development--and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results. We work hard and play hard. We are about doing what is right and feeling good about it.
Our Insurance Brokerage at CAA Club Group of companies offers a dynamic professional retail environment which strives to provide the ultimate customer experience. Our Brokers offer insurance advice and services to prospective and existing clients within their broker authority level while ensuring they provide an exceptional customer experiences to contribute to the overall achievement of financial growth for the company through insurance sales and service activities.
- Accountable to meet monthly and annual new business acquisition targets. Ensures that commercial and property insurance targets are met as prescribed by the business annually. Has responsibility for factors of success including generating opportunities (quotes) and insuring effectiveness (closing ratio).
- Conducts an appropriate needs analysis to determine individual customer requirements. Provides appropriate Brokerage Insurance recommendations and solutions based on the identified needs.
- Provides quote and sales for new local customers through face-to-face and inbound/outbound telephone interactions.
- Actively engages in new business development and sales activities such as building multiple insurance relationships, generating leads and referrals. Manages assigned leads in order to generate additional future sales opportunities.
- Mix of Business 20% Commercial Lines and 80% Personal Lines
- This role is based out of an independent branch. Some travel related to onsite visits or evaluations may be required. May involve occasional evenings & weekends.
- Coverage would include a diverse geographic territory.
- Manage customer concerns and guidance on underwriting exceptions when required.
- Accountable for underwriting risk quality and ensuring that mix of business meets stated expectations. Thoroughly documents underwriting exceptions for review by the Channel Underwriter and Supervisor, if required.
- Accountable for attaining stated Quality Assurance brand and risk standards.
- Research, initiates, and executes local area awareness activities. Complies with fulfillment and tracking requirements for corporate marketing initiatives.
- Works independently in various remote locations with limited direct access to immediate supervision. Looks for opportunities to improve processes and efficiency within the local environment.
- Complies with retail network telephony expectations and procedures.
- Complies with all retail standards for accepting and processing cash, cheque, credit and debit card payments and deposits to ensure the protection of receivables and that audit requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relations with brokerage Manager and Identified Partners to ensure awareness of items such as absences and availability.
- Promotes customer experience.
- Refers appropriate business to CAA Manitoba Insurance Brokers where necessary.
- Hosts and manages various partner engagement activities to support relationship development.
- Post-secondary education in insurance or business-related field preferred.
- C.A.I.B. Certification Successfully Completed
- C.I.P. designation completed or working towards.
- Personal Lines Insurance sales, service experience (Min. 5 years)
- Commercial Lines Insurance sales, service experience (Min. 3 years)
- Valid driver’s License (Class 5), and your own personal vehicle.
- Experience in communication at various business levels
- Strong analytical, customer service, and sales skills.
- Working knowledge of a broker management system, TAM preferred, Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving abilities in a fast - paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Manitoba Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Manitobans with Disabilities Act, 2013 (AMA). CCG will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.