Position: Commercial Insurance Broker
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Posted: October 4, 2022
Job Description / Duties
As a member of the commercial team, successful candidates will service an existing commercial book of business and attempt to continue growth through improving current coverage and acquisition of new business. In communicating with our clients, the candidate will facilitate and generate leads for any other lines of business (ex. home insurance, Autopac) as well as working to establish and maintain customer relationships as the main priority. They must have the ability to change focus and prioritize based on situations that may come up and effectively communicate with their team, in addition to making sure that their work is accurate and detailed. Successful candidates will need to have the ability to prioritize and organize their time efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision. They need to possess a strong ability to effectively communicate information to clients and team mates on day-to-day matters as well as any problems or obstacles that may come up.
- Service of an existing book of commercial insurance business, including small to medium sized businesses.
- Growth of commercial book of business through upselling and new clients
- Collection of payments on personally managed book of business
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Recognize and act on opportunities to promote other Avant products and services.
- Maintain the insurance code of conduct, ensuring legalities and due diligence are adhered to as laid out by the Insurance Council of Manitoba.
- Provide exceptional and professional customer service to all clients at any given time and situation, keeping in mind Avant’s Core Value of People over Profits.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Ideal candidates will have:
- Ability to be proactive and generate new clients through
networking and referral
- Experience handling an insurance book of business
(personal or commercial)
- Experience with commercial insurance Manitoba an asset
- Willing to work independently and with a team
- Experience with Tam an asset
- Multilingualism an asset
Level 2 Insurance license is required
Measures of Success:
1) High level of client satisfaction for customer service and
2) Growing a commercial book of business
3) Continuously growing knowledge base through formal and
4) Positive peer reviews from co-workers
5) High level reputation of our office and our brand.
Salary: $80,000+ (negotiable)
Avant Insurance was named for the French proposition meaning “Before”. For us, that means being there for our clients before the trouble happens, not just after. We will relentlessly pursue the right coverage, so that our clients are protected when disaster strikes.
We are locally owned and operated. This means we have no ownership or commitment to any Insurance Company, Bank or International Entity. This is becoming an extremely rare occurrence in the insurance marketplace. Being the sole owner, we have the ability to remain agile and pivot quickly to adjust to the changing world. We are able to make quick strategic decisions, while always keeping our clients’ & staffs' best interest front and center.
Avant Insurance has been nominated at the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Insurance Business Awards for top broker. We were also named to the 5 Star Brokerage List and were voted one of the Top Insurance Employers in 2021 with further award announcements to come!
Why Should You Apply:
- We are committed to empowering our employees in the workplace and the community.
- We offer personal and business growth in a team setting.
- We offer competitive compensation, group health benefits, health & wellness spending accounts and a company matched RRSP plan.
- A family-oriented environment!